Guyana Real Estate Services : Obtaining a Mortgage in Guyana
Are you looking to obtain a mortgage in Guyana?
Please see below for a list of documents generally required by the major banks in Georgetown (Capital) the list is only a guide and buyers will need to confirm with their respective banks.
Documents required to make an application are:
– Identification card/Passport along with (1) passport size photo.
– Proof of address (utility bill, rental receipt, etc.)
– Employment confirmation letter and (3) consecutive months’ pay slips
– Proof of income if self-employed (Recent Financial Statements for the past two years)
– Copy of Transport/Title/Lease Document or Letter of Intent/Agreement of Sale and Purchase if the property is being purchased
– Certificate of Valuation for the property being purchased from a Government Valuation Officer (Officers are located at the Government Valuation Office, Camp Street, G/Town)
- two photographs
- Estimates of construction cost accompanied by an approved plan
- Proof of 10% contribution
- TIN Certificate